Glamping has quickly become a trending way to vacation in the outdoors for millions of people. With the growing popularity stemming from the want to experience nature comfortably and with a sense of luxury, glamping is one trend that shows no sign of slowing down.
But what is glamping? The meaning is different for everyone, but the essence remains the same — upgrading your standard camping experience to a luxurious camping getaway.
WHAT IS GLAMPING?
“Glamping” is a portmanteau of “glamorous” and “camping.” Glam camping — or luxury camping — is an elevated form of the traditional camping trip. Glampers can immerse themselves in the great outdoors with no sacrifice to comfort. For this reason, many consider staying at glamp grounds to be the ultimate vacation.
What is glamping like? Unlike a traditional camping experience, glamping requires little to no experience or equipment. There is no need to invest in top-quality gear or worry about having enough space to transport everything you need for cooking, sleeping and recreation. Instead, glampers bring only the essentials to enhance their experience and nothing more.
One thing both glamping and traditional camping have in common, however, is that there are no rules. There is no right or wrong way to go glamping. For example, some prefer to lodge in a glamping cabin, while others crave a more intimate experience with nature that you can only find in tents at luxury campgrounds. You can spend your glamping trip engaging in outdoor recreation or cozying up with a good book by a roaring fire all day long. The secret to a successful glamping trip is to spend time doing whatever makes you feel pampered and relaxed. Or, as we like to say, adventure at your own pace.
WHAT IS A LUXURY CAMPGROUND?
Terramor Outdoor Resort is a luxury campground that blends the excitement and romance of a traditional camping trip with luxurious amenities you want from a vacation getaway. We accomplish this through comfortable lodging, on-site indulgences and the availability of unique experiences:
- Recreation: Choose from on-site recreation, including a refreshing dip in our pool or a soak in our hot tub. – this can move to Relaxation Have a picnic, take in a stargazing lecture or spend the day relaxing in Hammock Grove. On-site bocce ball, cornhole and other lawn games are free to enjoy as well. In addition to these on-site opportunities, Terramor Outdoor Resort is in the ideal location for quick access to hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking and exploring Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.
- Events: Participate in one of our group events, or host your own at one of our group facilities. Choose from things like outdoor yoga classes, guided hikes, live music by the fire, culinary demonstrations and more. We work together with local experts, so you know you’re learning from the best.
- Dining: Camping food used to mean cold sandwiches and grilling out, but glamping is all about indulgence. In addition to public grill access and custom grilling kits, guests can sample local curations like wine, cheese and whiskey. Enjoy a craft beer or glass of regional wine before your chef-prepared meal at our on-site bar and restaurant located in The Lodge.
- Relaxation: Relaxation means different things for different people — that’s why we offer such a wide variety of activities and amenities. Whether it’s laughing with friends around a private fire ring or scheduling an in-tent massage, you will find your happy place here.
- Information: Our on-site Outfitters are your go-to resource for everything you need to know about the area, including the best place to take your kayak, things to do in Bar Harbor and where to catch the best view of the sunrise.
Glamping at a luxury campground is also very versatile. While it’s the ideal romantic getaway or family adventure, it’s also a simple way to elevate group outings like bachelorette parties, birthday celebrations and weddings.
WHAT IS A GLAMPING TENT LIKE?
When you imagine camping in a tent, “comfort” might not be the first thing you think of — but a glamping tent is vastly different from a traditional one. At Terramor Outdoor Resort, our guests enjoy glamping from one of our 64 luxury canvas tents, spread across 60 acres of breathtaking Maine landscape.
Each tent is spacious enough to walk around and stretch your legs, and it is furnished with everything you need and more. You won’t find mattress pads and sleeping bags here. Instead, enjoy a restful night’s sleep in a plush king-size bed. Depending on which tent you reserve for your stay, you will also have access to a private in-suite restroom or a sleek, modern bathhouse. Some tents even have outdoor showers for an unforgettable experience.
Enjoy all these amenities — including the sounds of chirping birds and wind in the trees — without fear of invading insects. The windows and porch of each tent have screens to allow ample natural lighting and fresh air, while providing shelter from bees and mosquitoes.
WHAT TO PACK FOR A GLAMPING TRIP
Each Terramor Outdoor Resort glamping tent comes furnished with everything you need to stay safe and comfortable, including electricity, Wi-Fi, overhead fans and Pendleton blankets. That said, enjoying the best glamping experience possible means bringing along those items that help you feel your best, such as:
- Your favorite snack foods
- Hobby items like books, board games, art supplies or an instrument
- Insect repellent and sunscreen for the outdoors
- A water bottle to stay hydrated
- Necessary toiletries
- Weather-appropriate clothing, including light layers and rain gear
- Optional recreational equipment, like hiking supplies, a swimsuit or a kayak
If you’ve never gone on a glamping trip before or are unfamiliar with the climate in Maine, feel free to reach out. We are happy to offer tips and information to help you prepare for your upcoming getaway.
START PLANNING YOUR GLAMPING TRIP TODAY
Everyone deserves to experience the pampering, relaxation and unforgettable adventure that comes with a luxury camping trip. At Terramor Outdoor Resort, we can help you make that happen. Visit us online to learn more about our facilities and accommodations, or reserve your stay today!