EXPLORING NATURE WITH YOUR DOG
At Terramor we believe spending time outside is best with those you love. Including your four-legged friends! That is why we work hard to make sure our outdoor resort is not only comfortable for our people guests, but our dog guests too.
Our resort is pet-friendly. But what does that mean? We’ve outlined a few ways we accommodate your pups while on property.
- Dogs are allowed in most places at Terramor. They are not allowed inside the pool area or Lodge, but can hang out on the Lodge deck and in the screened-in porch area.
- We do have a leash rule on the property to keep everyone safe. However, we also have one of the only fenced-in dog parks on Mount Desert Island where your pup can run without a leash.
- Upon arrival, each dog is welcomed with a pup bag. These bags have treats, bowls and more to make sure they feel as comfortable and welcomed as you!
- Our tents latch to the floor on the bottom, if done effectively, your pup will be secure in your tent with you at night.
- We have set up a relationship with a local boarder who can board your dog for a few hours if you want to explore Acadia in ways that are not pet-friendly.
What is there to do on Mount Desert Island with a dog?
MDI and Bar Harbor are a doggy destination. In fact, Acadia National Park was recently voted the most dog-friendly national park in New England by Outside Magazine! Most businesses in Bar Harbor allow dogs, and many restaurants allow pups on their patios. Below are some of our top recommendations for things to do with your dog while staying at Terramor.
- Take a hike! There are many dog-friendly trails to explore. Enjoy the low-tide on the Bar Island Trail or take a longer walk on the 5.4-mile Schooner Head Path. You and your pup will enjoy the fresh air, beautiful views and shaded trails.
- Grab some grub and a good beer at Atlantic Brewing Company & Mainly Meats, located just down the road from Terramor. Their large patio is shaded and comfortable for both you and your furry pal.
- Enjoy a nature cruise aboard the Sea Princess. Expertly narrated by an Acadia Park Ranger, this dog-friendly cruise highlights the beauty of Acadia by water.
After a day of exploring, come back and enjoy a local beer or cocktail on our Lodge deck. But be warned, our Terramor Team loves pups, so expect some pets.
Why the added fees?
We do charge an additional fee for dogs. This is in part to the additional cleaning procedures our housekeepers do when switching over a tent where a dog stayed. As you can imagine, our furry friends, can require a bit more cleaning from our team.
We can’t wait to welcome you and pup to Terramor!